Appear for the Disappeared 5K Walk
Please join Ensaaf in a 5K fundraising walk on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at Lake Elizabeth, Central Park, Fremont, CA. The walk, Appear for the Disappeared, is open for registration. Walk locally, or walk virtually, and commemorate a specific individual who was disappeared in Punjab by Indian security forces during the Decade of Disappearances.
When you register, you will be able to create your own fundraising page that you can share with your family and friends to ask for donations that will support our project to document every disappearance in Punjab. You will receive an email with the bio of a victim of disappearance in whose honor you will be walking and fundraising--please add that bio to your fundraising page.
1. Use only letters and numbers in the password you create when you register. The system does not recognize symbols in passwords and will lock you out of your account.
2. Make sure cookies are enabled on your internet browser so you can register using a credit card.
Help us reach our goal of commemorating 500 victims of disappearances. If you can't join us in Fremont, please register and walk in your area.
Appear for the Disappeared will also feature live performances by Jagmeet ‘Hoodini’ Singh and Gunjiv ‘Baagi’ Singh, as well as a poster display of artwork based on the Decade of Disappearances. Come meet other individuals dedicated to the pursuit of justice for human rights abuses.
What: Appear for the Disappeared 5K Walk
When: Saturday April 6, 2013
Where: Lake Elizabeth, 40000 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538
Registration: $25 until March 22; $35 starting March 23
Children 12 and under participate for free.
Other ways to help
If you are unable to make it to the race or walk virtually, there are still many ways to show solidarity:
1. You can create your own Appear for the Disappeared 5K fundraising page through FirstGiving for free and even participate in our top-fundraiser contest! Just click the green register button at the top of the page, select "I registered offline and need to create a fundraising page," and follow the prompts to create your page. This will not register you for the 5K and you will not be charged, but you will have access to all of FirstGiving's fundraising tools.
2. Consider making a donation to Ensaaf by clicking here.
3. Make a donation directly to a walker by visiting his or her individual fundraising page.
4. Finally, one of the best ways to show your support is by sharing the Appear for the Disappeared 5K with others by posting it on your social media accounts.
If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring the Appear for the Disappeared 5K Walk please contact Ambri Pukhraj at email@example.com.