Barktoberfest 2012: A Purrfect Pet Celebration and Mutt Strut
Join fellow animal lovers at the Loudoun County Fairgrounds on September 29th as Friends of Homeless Animals hosts its signature event, Barktoberfest: A Purrfect Pet Celebration.
Bring the whole family, including Fido! We’ll be gathering from 10:00 to 4:00pm to listen to live music, play games (kids and dogs), shop from a variety of vendors, eat and drink some great food and beverages, watch canine demonstrations, participate in a Mutt Strut and much more --- all to help raise much needed funds to allow FOHA to continue its mission of rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming homeless pets.
New This Year: REGISTER FOR THE MUTT STRUT
Fetch your sneakers and your furry friend for the Barktoberfest inaugural Mutt Strut. There are many ways to participate in the walk. Register today and join walkers who will be raising money to support our mission of saving abandoned, abused and neglected cats and dogs! You can walk with or without a dog, in memory of a beloved pet, or in honor of your cat. Registration is $25 per person.
- Join as an individual walker (with or without your dog) and collect donations and pledges from friends and family.
- Form a Pack (great for groups, families or companies) and work toward fundraising goals together.
- Be a member of the Cat Nappers/Let Sleeping Dogs Lie club and collect donations for your cat or dog that is unable to participate. Heck! You can even be a member if rising early on Saturday mornings just isn’t your thing.
- This event will take place rain or shine.
- One dog per walker.
- All participants under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- All dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Dogs only please. If you want to celebrate your cat, how about printing a photo on a t-shirt or holding up a sign while you walk?
- Each walker and dog must be registered.
- All dogs must be leashed (6 foot leashes, no flexilead type leashes please).
- All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations.
- All dogs must be FRIENDLY to other dogs and to humans of all ages. No exceptions.
- Please pickup after your dog.