Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) was founded to help those who have binge eating disorder (BED), their friends and family, and those who treat the disorder. BEDA provides individuals who suffer from binge eating disorder with the recognition and resources they need to begin a safe journey toward a healthy recovery.
BEDA also serves as a resource for treatment providers to prevent, detect, diagnose, and treat the disorder. By establishing strong connections amongst its members, the general public and other concerned organizations, BEDA’s goal is to access to the tools necessary to for recovery.
Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) is the national organization focusing on increased prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for binge eating disorder. BEDA is committed to facilitating awareness, excellence in care, and recovery for those who live and those who work with binge eating disorder through outreach and support, education, and resources.
- BED affects 3.5 women and 2 men out of every 100 people
- Two to three times more people have BED than anorexia and bulimia combined
- BED is associated with depression and other mood disorders, higher rates of suicide, weight gain and weight cycling, and potential health risks sometimes associated with obesity, including heart disease and diabetes
- Most of those who suffer with BED are not currently getting the expert help they need to overcome this debilitating illness
- BED is also referred to, at times, as compulsive/emotional overeating or food addiction
- Like other eating disorders and illnesses, those with BED do not ask for their condition. More research is necessary to understand the etiology of BED, but it is thought to involve biological and psychological risk factors.
PLEASE support BEDA by clicking on the DONATE button on the right side of this web page.