Annual Walk Event
Join us for a day of compassionate action,
practice and friendship, providing basic needs for life
May I be a good doctor for those who suffer from illness,
A guide for those who have gone astray,
A lamp for those who dwell in darkness,
A source of treasure for those in poverty and need
Vows of Samantabhadra from the Avatamsaka Sutra
BGR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
Gifts are deductible to the full extent allowable under IRS regulations.
Registering and creating a Fundraising page:
For a video walk-through of online registration and fundraising page creation, go to: http://firstgiving.wistia.com/medias/682702e826
1. Navigate to your event on FirstGiving
2. Click on the call to action button at the top of the page
3. Next you will select a registration type. If you are registering more than just yourself you can select the number of people you are registering for each registration type.
4. If you have used FirstGiving before, it will prompt you to login using your FirstGiving credentials, or you can login with your Facebook credentials. If this is your first time using FirstGiving you will be prompted to create a FirstGiving account.
5. The next step will be to answer any registration questions for yourself and for others that you are registering. At the bottom of this form you will sign off on any necessary waiver information for participation in the event. Others that you are registering must sign off on this legal information separately in a form that will be provided by the event organizers.
6. Next you will be prompted to join or create a fundraising team. If you do not wish to be apart of a fundraising team, you can “skip this step” on the bottom of the page.
7. Finally, you will be prompted to create your fundraising page. Here you can customize your page with your personal story of why you’re participating in the event, photos, and a fundraising goal to
Seattle, WA October 8