Would you like to make a donation to CHASA? Click the orange Donate button.
Would you like to fundraise for CHASA? We are no longer setting up fundraisers through the Firstgiving site. Please go to http://chasa.org/you-can-help/fundraising/online-fundraising/ and learn how to create an online fundraiser and share your story. Thanks for choosing to help CHASA continue with our efforts to help the kids and their families!
Pediatric Stroke - A Few Facts
- Stroke in children is as common as childhood brain tumors, yet most people are unaware that infants and children can have strokes.
- 1 in 2800 babies and between 4 and 11 in 100,000 children will have a stroke each year.
- Pediatric stroke research is severely underfunded.
- Raising funds and increasing awareness will lead to early diagnosis, treatment, and recognition that more dollars need to be directed toward pediatric stroke research.
- Recognize early stroke. If your baby is showing a hand preference (left-handed or right-handed) before the age of 3, call your state's early intervention program and ask for an evaluation.
Together, we can make a difference for these little stroke survivors!
- Help a child know that she's not alone. There are other little girls and boys who wear a brace on one leg and have to go to therapy each week and endure painful stretching.
- Fund the CHASA Orthotic Grant Program to help families in need purchase a brace that may help their child learn to walk and have a healthy walking pattern.
- Send a family to the CHASA Family Retreat where parents, siblings, and children and adults with hemiplegia can talk with others who understand their experiences.
- Fund college and trade school scholarships to help our young adults get started in life.
- Fund Think Big Grants to help a community gathering where families can meet to create a local support network, including Moms' Weekends and Family Fun Outings.
- Connect families of little stroke survivors and children with hemiplegia around the world to share support and information
- Help CHASA continue to do good work by supporting pediatric stroke and hemiplegia researchers.
CHASA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, young adults, and families affected by pediatric stroke and other causes of hemiplegia. CHASA provides support, education, and advocacy through a national family retreat, local family and online discussion groups, websites, fact sheets, support of pediatric stroke and hemiplegia researchers, and pediatric stroke awareness campaigns.
Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association
4101 W. Green Oaks, Suite 305, #149
Arlington, TX 76016