COTS Walk 2014
If you haven't already registered for the COTS Walk 2014:
- If you would like to register as an individual, click the "Start Fundraising" button, select the event and click "Fundraise" to set up your account. Click "next" to skip over the team name and start personalizing your page.
- If you're part of a team or you want to create a new team, you must register as an individual first (you can only join or create a team after you register as an individual). Click the "Start Fundraising" button, select the event and click "Fundraise." Set up your account and then select your team name or create your team if its not listed. NOTE: Before setting up a new team, check the list of existing teams to make sure your team has not been created.
How do I set up my online fundraising site?
- It’s easy! Visit COTS' FirstGiving page (you're already here) and read the instructions.
- Click “Register,” then select the number of participants.
- You’ll need to provide your email address and create a password the first time. If you are registering as part of a team, click “Join a Team.” If you don’t see your team, then you are the first one to join and you can create your team name.
- Now the fun part starts! Upload photos and personalize your page however you’d like. Upload your email address book or reach out to your friends on Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Now you are up and running! Post your link on Facebook and Twitter and send out your emails. Questions? Need help? Give us a call at (802) 864-7402.
Here are a few tips to help you make your page shine!
- Be sure to personalize the title of your fundraising page with your name so your friends can find you.
- Customize the text and the photo on your page to express your purpose. Adding your photo and personal tidbits helps your page stand out from the crowd.
- Tell why you're participating in the 2013 COTS Walk-- why it's important to YOU.
- Use the online tools to send emails to your friends, family and co-workers, post your page on Facebook, and more!
- Add tags to your page -- especially "COTS" and "homeless"
Learn more on our website.
Check out these helpful Walker Handouts to come up with your fundraising strategy!
- Fundraising tips
- More Than Shelter
- Challenge Walker
- Challenge Business
- Challenge Schools
- Team Captain 2014
- Volunteer 2014
DONATIONS: Checks may be made payable to the Committee on Temporary Shelter or COTS and mailed to PO Box 1616, Burlington, VT 05402. Credit card payments may be made over the phone by calling 802-864-7402.
I T ' S A F A C T : Last year, COTS provided emergency shelter to 74 families (including 108 children). Staff also provided outreach and support to 239 single, homeless adults and 161 families. And, 490 households received prevention assistance in the form of grants or security deposit loans/grants.