CMAK (Chase Michael Anthony Kowalski)
Sandy Hook Memorial Foundation
Turn Tragedy into Triumph!
Join the Race4Chase team!
Chase Kowalski was an amazing son, brother, and friend who was taken from us on 12/14/12 in the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy. Chase’s heart was filled with love and he touched all of the people that he came into contact with. He loved sports of all kinds and had an incredibly competitive spirit. Among Chase's favorite sports were baseball, auto racing, and running. In fact, Chase began running competitively at age 2 in track races. At age 6, Chase asked to be entered into his first triathlon – in his first ever competition, he took on the field and won his age group!
Help turn tragedy into triumph and honor Chase’s love of sports by joining the Race4Chase team. You can help raise funds in your own way – a way that connects your personal passion and talent with this special cause. In opening your heart to help, you will make a difference in your own life as well as those around you!
The Race4Chase Campaign enables grassroots fundraising and encourages physical fitness in 3 different ways. Connect with your network of friends to raise funds through:
• Your competition in organized races (5k, Marathon, Triathlon, etc)– Race4Chase
• Your training miles (Run, Bike, Swim, Walk, etc)- MillionMiles4Chase
• Your own unique fundraiser - If you have another creative idea, you can create your own type of fundraiser
Race4Chase Tee shirts are available as you register to wear in training and race day!
Get started by selecting “Start Fundraising” above and create your fundraiser!
CMAK partners with Greater Waterbury YMCA
We are pleased to announce a new and exciting partnership between the YMCA and our CMAK (Chase Michael-Anthony Kowalski) Sandy Hook Memorial Foundation. In remembrance of our son Chase Kowalski, the students and educators of the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy, our vision is to turn tragedy into triumph by healing and strengthening our families and communities. We firmly believe that our foundation values are closely aligned with the core values of the YMCA and that we can most effectively realize our mission to be a positive force in the community through the creation of children and family focused programs in partnership with the YMCA.
Chase was an active YMCA member and, in his honor, we are proud to announce three programs that will be launched as part of this partnership:
1. We will immediately make a difference in the lives of children by providing scholarships for pre-school education at the Greater Waterbury YMCA for families in need beginning in the Fall of 2013.
2. In honor of Chase’s athletic spirit, we will also sponsor and fund a children’s triathlon program. The “Race4Chase Kid's Triathlon Program” will be an exciting six week training program for children 6 to 14 years old operating out of the Waterbury YMCA and Camp Mataucha in Watertown, Ct. Qualified instructors will train participants to Run, Bike and Swim to prepare for their first triathlon. We believe this program will strengthen children’s drive, determination and dedication while having fun exercising their competitive spirit. Our goal is to expand this to all 50 States and we have already agreed with YMCA of Western Ct and Central CT Coastal YMCA to establish Race4Chase Kid Triathlon programs starting June 2014.
3. Lastly, We will reinforce and strengthen family values through the creation of “Chase’s Place” a Family Wellness Center. Chase’s Place will provide a facility where parents and children can exercise together with interactive equipment and stations designed to facilitate parent and child fitness. The CMAK foundation has committed to fund a Chase’s place integrated into the new YMCA Community Center planned for the Pomperaug region, only miles from Sandy Hook.
It is our hope that we can continue to spread our vision on a broader scale. We would like to thank all of our donors for their generous support which is truly enabling us to realize our vision to strengthen communities, families and our precious children.
For questions or more information, send us an email.
Contact : email@example.com