COMMUNITY LINK, INC.
(founded as Clinton County Rehabilitation Center, Inc.)
Highland Home Update
& Annual Fund Drive
Responding to the plight of five disabled residents facing closure of their Highland small-group home, Wall Street Journal readers and other friends donated sufficient funds this past year to keep the community-based, not-for-profit home open. The resulting home stability has helped these residents achieve learning, employment and social goals.
For the coming year, the residents' wish list for their home includes a replacement refrigerator, women's bathroom renovations, an accessible front porch, and gas cards and restaurant certificates for outings.
Meanwhile, the State of Illinois continuously owes the agency some $1.5 million--more than one-fifth the agency's budget. Using two $500,000 lines of credit, the agency pays some $2,000 in interest monthly. The agency's long-range goals include building its cash-flow reserve to offset state underfunding and payment delays.
Read WSJ reporter Clare Ansberry's moving story about the real-life consequences of state bureaucratic dysfunctions, and see more photos of these special residents: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122783168773162977.html
WSJ follow-up: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122783168773162977.html
How you can help
- Click "Donate" above right, or send check to 1665 N. Fourth St., Breese, IL 62230.
- Share our story, and this site, with your family and friends.
- Urge the Governor to release payments. Phone: 217-782-6830.
Community Link remains committed to excellence:
- Programs with top-level accreditation by CARF, the international rehabilitation accreditation commission
- Operations that meet or exceed quality standards of United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Staff honored with the sole 2008 Direct Service Professional Award from IARF, the Illinois Association of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Staff honored with the sole 2007 Executive Excellence Award from IARF
To reach Community Link: Call 618-526-8800
Need technical help? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To add a badge to your own blog or website, visit http://www.firstgiving.com/Design/1/badges_start.asp and put it http://www.firstgiving.com/communitylink-highland as the URL.
Community Link helps people with disabilities, and other disadvantages, achieve learning breakthroughs, find a job, live in a home of their own, and make friends. Services include Pre-Birth supports, Early Intervention for children Birth-21, Adult Developmental Training, Production Workshop, Job Coaching, Community Integrated Living Arrangements (small-group homes), in-home supports, and limited respite care. Based in Breese, Community Link serves people in seven