Event Details - The Canine Classic at Paws Up
The Canine Classic at Paws Up is a trail run/hike for you and your canine companion(s). Enjoy a day on the trails followed by a delicious gourmet BBQ lunch and activities for you and your dog. Either pay a flat registration fee or register as a pledge collector. Fabulous prizes will be awarded to participants that collect the most in pledges! 100% of the proceeds benefit our Humane Society of Western Montana!
How to Register
- Click on the Start Fundraising button above
- From there, select The Canine Classic at Paws Up from the "Select Your Event" pop-up window. This will take you to the page where you can learn specifics about the event
- Finally, if you are ready to register and/or begin fundraising click on Register and follow the registration steps
The Humane Society has been serving people and animals from across western Montana since 1963. We are a full service animal shelter that guarantees placement of all pets unless they are a danger to the public or terminally ill and their quality of life is compromised. About 1300 dogs, cats, rabbits, and other small animals find refuge each year at the shelter and our adoption rate is 98%.
The Humane Society is a private, non-profit organization supported almost entirely by donations, fundraising events and grants. We do not receive tax dollars or funding from a national organization like the Humane Society of the United States. All of the money we raise stays right here to help animals from our own community.
What We Do
The Humane Society of Western Montana offers the following programs and services:
- A companion animal adoption program providing second chances to over 1300 animals a year. All pets are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and receive any additional medical care they need prior to adoption
- A foster care program providing at-risk pets with in-home rehabilitative care prior to adoption
- A free pet behavior help telephone line for the public
- Dog training classes
- Five weeks of animal themed summer "Critter Camp" for kids age 7-12
- A pet food bank and reduced fee spay/neuter services for low-income families
- Free educational programs for local schools
- A "Seniors for Seniors" pet adoption program offering free adoptions for senior citizens adopting pets over the age of 7
Presenting - The Resort at Paws Up
Top Dog - Four Paws Veterinary Clinic, Christian, Samson & Jones PLLC
Proud Pup - Ferrellgas
Tail Wagger - Montana Water Dogs, Tremper Distributing, LLC, Super Wash Laundry, Habitat Floral Studio, Quick Paws