WELCOME TO HIRING FOR HOPE'S SOCIAL FUNDRAISING/EVENT COORDINATION HOME PAGE!
Would you like to maximize the impact of your decision to assist us in achieving our mission by utilizing your network of contacts to raise funds on our behalf? We have made it easy for anyone to help us achieve our mission by creating a free and secure personal fundraising/event coordination page. FirstGiving’s flexible tools can be customized to support both virtual and traditional fundraising events, require minimal technical knowledge, and take only a few minutes to create.
Just click the orange "Get Started" button located on this page and you'll be on your way to creating your own personal page. So, what are you waiting for? You are the only one who can make the decision to start the process of making it possible for someone to start pursuing their new reality today!
To ease the shared emotional, psychological, and financial duress common during times of loss and crisis for job seekers, couples experiencing loss and or obstacles to building their families, and their friends and family members. We aim to eliminate their feelings of hopelessness, isolation, and shame, and replace them with renewed hope, opportunity, and a sense of empowerment to control the outcome of their own destinies.
DID YOU KNOW?
· The national total unemployment rate is nearly 17%.
· 1 in 6 couples face fertility challenges.
· 15-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage.
· Nearly 2,500 babies per year are lost due to S.I.D.S.
· Nearly 30,000 babies per year are born stillborn.
· 80 million Americans have considered adoption.
· Only 15 states currently have legislation requiring insurance coverage for fertility treatment.
· The average cost to bury a child is $8,000 - $10,000.
· Adoption and fertility treatment can regularly exceed $30,000 - $40,000.
· An estimated $26 billion is spent each year on healthcare issues related to premature births.
WHO WE SERVE
Couples- Anyone who has experienced the loss of a child and/or is experiencing an obstacle to building their families.
Job Seekers- Anyone who is in career transition and/or needs job placement assistance.
Friends/Family- Anyone supporting a loved one who has lost a child, is experiencing obstacles to building their family and/or in career transition.
Employers/Partners- Any organization that has a workforce challenge and/or would like to become a business partner with Hiring for Hope.
HOW THIS WORKS
1. We utilize the contacts in our national database and Voices of Hope job seeker social network to match the hiring needs of employers with the skill sets of our job seekers. Then we connect and introduce the two parties.
2. When a hiring placement is made, we receive a fee from the employer for making the introduction and helping them fill their open position.
3. The fees collected from these job placements, along with the funding realized from our Business Partnership Program and national fundraising efforts, make it possible for us to provide all of our free services and fund our Brave Little Soul Grant Program.