Hoops of Hope
Celebrating 10 Years of Changing the Game
Please join us in 10 years of changing the game! This is where Hoops of Hope participants can create their own online fund-raising web page. Click the start fundraising button above, title your page and set a fundraising goal of $250 or more. It only takes a few minutes! Once your page is completed, you can invite friends and family to support you as you shoot free throws to help children orphaned by HIV and AIDS.
Over the past nine years, Hoops of Hope participants have raised over $3 million. This money has been used to fund the following:
- Clothing, education, and food for over 100 orphans
- High school, 4 dormitories, solar powered computer lab & teacher housing in Twachiyanda, Zambia
- Medical testing facility & counseling center in Sinazongwe, Zambia
- Computer Lab in Sinazongwe, Zambia
- Medical clinic in Chilala, Zambia
- Water project in Tseikuru, Kenya
- 2 orphan hope centers in Swaziland
- School for the Dalit people of India
- Projects at the Huruma Children's Home in Kenya
- Sudanese Orphan care in Kenya
- Water project and feeding program in Mteme, Malawi
- 250 bicycles, 750 mosquito nets, and 1,0000 medical care kits to AIDS caregivers
- Thousands of backpacks filled with school and hygiene supplies to orphan children
In 2013, Hoops of Hope's 10th anniversary year, we have a goal of raising $1 million. This money will be used to fund a third medical clinic in Zambia as well as provide backpacks of school supplies to needy children in the US. Just as in year's past, we can't accomplish our goals without you, our teammates.
Across the world, over 5,700 children every day are losing one or both parents to HIV and AIDS. The problem is huge and clouds the future of these children with fear and uncertainty. But now you can make a significant difference for the children and families in Africa and the US - and have a lot of fun doing it! Your personal fund-raising goal of $250 or more will make a huge difference in providing help for them.
Through Hoops of Hope, you can directly impact the lives of children orphaned by HIV and AIDS and other vulnerable children. Please join our team by creating your own fundraising page, today.