Partners for Clean Streams (PCS) was formed in early 2007 as a 501(c)3 non-profit community organization with an interest in supporting local and regional water quality improvements in the metro-Toledo area. Partners for Clean Streams is striving for:
- abundant open space and a high quality natural environment;
- adequate floodwater storage capacities;
- flourishing wildlife;
- stakeholders who take local ownership in their resources; and
- rivers, streams, and lakes that are clean, clear and safe.
In January 2008 PCS announced that the Maumee RAP Committee was now housed under the Partners for Clean Streams umbrella. As a result of the growth of a new not-for-profit, the Maumee RAP now stands as an Advisory Committee to assist PCS in delivering the wide range of programs, projects, and community outreach efforts associated with water quality improvements that have been of long standing interest to the Maumee RAP community.
How can you help?
Are you tired of going to the beach with your family and explaining to the kids why the beach is closed? Are you sick of the fish consumption warnings and no contact warnings on the same rivers you want to fish, swim, and boat on? So are we. We want "fishable and swimmable" streams for our community.
The success of PCS relies on the support of communities, businesses, and people like you. We are very excited to let you know about a new tool that will make it even easier for you to support our cause! We have recently partnered with Firstgiving.com, the premier online fundraising platform that allows you to create your very own, free fundraising web page. In addition to telling your own personal story and explaining why you are supporting Partners for Clean Streams, you can upload a personal photo, an entire photo album from Flickr.com, and even a YouTube video! You can also link your page to your Facebook account or put a widget on your own website or blog. Finally, a personal fundraising tool that really IS PERSONAL! Once you have completed your page, send it out to all of your family and friends. Share your story and empower your loved ones to support Partners for Clean Streams too! The more we share our mission today, the better we can make life for all tomorrow!
Start designing your web page now.
- Click Fundraise or the Get Started button at the top of the page.
- Select an Event (i.e. Clean Your Streams) or create your own from the drop down box. Come up with your own walk, paddle, or challenge to support PCS!
- Build a web page to tell your friends how awesome PCS is and how they should support them too!
If you don't want to create you own web page, you can still help - just click Donate or the Donate button on the right side of the page.
Help PCS to make our streams safe for wading in, boating, fishing, and drinking!
* *Interesting facts you can use on your pages (in addition to your personal stories and favorite "finds!")**
Did you know that ...
- In 2011, 726 people attended Clean Your Streams Day locally, cleaned over 40 sites, and removed more than 15,000 pounds of garbage (including 142 tires)
- Our Clean Your Streams Day is part of a worldwide focus callled International Coastal Cleanup
- Top 5 debris items (by number) that are found, around the world, are Cigarettes & Cigarette filters, plastic bags, food wrappers & containers, caps & lids, & plastic beverage bottles
- More than $60,000 in materials, supplies, volunteer time, food, hauling and disposal, publicity and more is donated every year to enable PCS to bring this event to the community!