The Pulmonary Pacers are a group of dedicated athletes who help raise awareness about pulmonary fibrosis by participating in runs, walks, bike rides, marathons, and other sporting events including: the Boston Marathon, the New York City Triathlon, Bank of America Chicago Marathon, and the ING New York City Marathon and many more.
TO JOIN please email Stephanie Seweryn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO PARTICIPATE in upcoming events, check out our full list of events. Below are some summer 2011 highlights. Running, walking, riding or swimming in an event that isn't listed? Ask us to add it: email@example.com.
- Ironman Muncie July 9: Athletes begin with a 1.2-mile swim, followed by a 56-mile bike course, finishing with a challenging run around the south side of Prairie Creek Reservoir.
- New York City Triathlon August 8: Our ten charity partner spots were auctioned off to the first 10 individuals to raise $1000.00. Look for information to come regarding next year’s NYC Triathlon.
- Chicago Triathlon August 26-28: The NYC Triathlon spots may be filled, but there is still time to apply for the Chicago’s multisport experience. This action-packed day is great training if you plan on attending next year’s NYC Tri.
- Ironman Louisville August 28: Ford Ironman Louisville is an Ultra distance triathlon consisting of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run.
TO KEEP UP WITH THE TEAM:
- PFF Online: Increase you PF knowledge and help increase awareness by sharing what you learn with friends and family.
- Pulmonary Pacers Page: Keep track of your Pulmonary Pacer Fundraising Page for donations and inspirational messages from family and friends.
- Pulmonary Pacers Schedule: Stay up-to-date on where the Pacers are running next by bookmarking the team schedule.
- Facebook: Stay in touch with your Team Captains- John Ryan, Cathleen Brown, and Ruth LaClair- and receive training tips.
- Twitter: Follow @PFFOrg and spread the word to your followers.