2011 AIDS Walk - Buffalo
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Hoyt Lake at Delaware Park
Join hundreds of Western New Yorkers for the 19th Annual AIDS Walk, a 5K (3.1 mile) fundraising walk. Form a team with your family, friends and co-workers and walk together or walk as an individual to fight this devastating epidemic. The funds raised go directly to programs and services that help HIV+ individuals and their families right here in Western New York.
The Walk route winds through some of Buffalo's finest neighborhoods, beginning and ending Lakeside at Delaware Park. On the day of the Walk, plan on arriving around 9 a.m. The Walk will kick off promptly at 10 a.m., rain or shine, with the annual flower launch. After the Walk, stay and enjoy a free picnic style lunch as our way of saying thank you for your efforts.
Getting started is easy... it only takes a few moments!
- Click the Get Started button
- Start a team, join a team, or register as an individual walker (you can join a team later if you choose)
- Create and personalize your own online fundraising page
- Set a fundraising goal (ask about our 500 Club, our Top Walker Program for all walkers who raise $500 or more!)
- Upload your contacts from AOL, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.
- Send out an email (templates already provided) to your family, friends, co-workers asking them to join your team or support your efforts
- Contact AIDS Walk Headquarters (716-847-0340 x315 or email@example.com) to set up a team meeting. We're here to help you set goals, review online fundraising tools and other fundraising ideas. We're stocked with experience, motivation, and most importantly, good cheer to help you reach your goals!
New! Enter the Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthy Walking Challenge. Sign up and you could also be eligible for some great prizes! For details, race to www.bcbswnyhealthychallenge.com.
If you have questions or concerns please contact Christina Singh at AIDS Walk Headquarters at 716.847.0340 ext. 315.