A Walk for Water 2012, Lake Frank, MD
Online Registration is now closed. You can register onsite, $15/person. Come and walk with us!
Schools and groups across the metro area will unite for the 6th annual Walk for Water. Students and their families will walk 3 miles on the trails around scenic Lake Frank in solidarity for children and families in the Azawak of West Africa, who struggle daily in search of water.
NEW FOR 2012!
* Special Friendship Exchange Activity to connect children here to children in the Azawak.
* Low Registration Fee. Only $5 per person! ($10 after May 4, $15 onsite)
* Achievable fundraising target. Each participant will focus on raising at least $50 towards bringing water and other humanitarian aid to the Azawak. Raise more, aim high!
GETTING STARTED IS EASY!
Register online by clicking "Register" at the top of this page. Register yourself, or a group. (Register offline using a paper form)
After you register, you can join your school's team, if you choose. Or you can create a new team by scrolling down and clicking "Create a New Team". You can also choose "Skip this Step".
NEXT, BEGIN FUNDRAISING!
1. Use the tools supplied in the Fundraising Kit found in the Lake Frank Information Center. You'll also find directions to the event and other important information on that page.
To contribute, you can either make a personal donation of $50 (or more) or share your passion for Amman Imman by asking your friends and family to sponsor your walk.
2. Set a fundraising goal. Go for $50 or aim higher!
3. Select your fundraising method from one of these choices:
* Create a personal online fundraising page that tells why you are walking for water. Send an email with the link to family and friends, asking them to contribute in honor of your walk.
* Use our paper sponsorship collection form (you'll find it in the Fundraising Kit in the Information Center) to ask family and friends to sponsor each mile of your walk. Either mail a copy of the form and the collected donations to Amman Imman: Water is Life, 7036 Strathmore Street, Suite 111, Chevy Chase, MD 20815, or bring it with you on May 12.