The Boyd School, Walk for Water 2012
Schools and families across the metro area will unite for the 4th annual Walk for Water sponsored by The Boyd School. Everyone will walk 3 miles on the trails around scenic Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in solidarity for children and families in the Azawak of West Africa who struggle daily in search of water. Schools, The Boyd School invites you to join their walk!
Want to get your school involved? Get in touch with Rodney Berthold (contact information on the right).
NEW FOR 2012!
* Special Friendship Exchange Activity to connect children here to children in the Azawak.
* Free Online Registration!
* Achievable fundraising target. Each participant will focus on raising at least $50 towards bringing water and other humanitarian aid to the Azawak.
GETTING STARTED IS EASY!
Register online by clicking "Register" at the top of this page. You can register as an individual or as a group.
After you register, you can join your school's team, if you choose. Or you can create a new team by scrolling down and clicking "Create a New Team". If you "Skip this Step", you will be registered as an individual.
NEXT, BEGIN FUNDRAISING!
1. Download our AWFW 2012 Ellanor C. Lawrence Park Participation Package from this page or as a consolidated zipfile. Use the tools supplied in the Fundraising Kit. The package also includes directions to the event and other important information.
To contribute, you can either make a personal donation of $50 (or more) when you register or share your passion for Amman Imman by reaching out to your friends and family to support your walk.
2. Set a fundraising goal. Go for $50 or aim higher!
3. Select your fundraising method from one of these choices:
* Create a personal online fundraising page that tells why you are walking for water. Send an email with the link to family and friends, asking them to contribute in honor of your walk for the Azawak.
* Use our paper sponsorship collection form (you'll find it in the Fundraising Kit contained within the Participation Package linked above) to ask family and friends to sponsor each mile of your walk. Either mail a copy of the form and the collected donations to Amman Imman: Water is Life, 7036 Strathmore Street, Suite 111, Chevy Chase, MD 20815, or turn it in on May 25.
Message for Amman-a-thon 2012 participants: please join A Walk for Water! Your amazing Amman-a-thon achievements, and the funds you've already raised, will apply towards the $50 minimum fundraising request.