Start Something Big.
We have children in need and the volunteers to mentor them, but we need your help to make it happen. Today there are 165 children anxiously waiting to be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister.
Many of the youths in Community Based or School Based mentoring need stability and a positive role model. Little Brothers and Little Sisters in Northcentral Wisconsin have:
• 80% improved their overall self-confidence
• 55% improved relationships with their family
• 73% improved their schoolwork performance
• 79% improved relationships with their peers.
(According to 2011 Performance Outcome Evaluation)
When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin, nearly 90% of every dollar directly supports the Community Based Mentoring or School Based Mentoring program.
What are donations used for?
• Ensuring child safety - Cover the costs of background checks while trained professionals match Littles with responsible Bigs.
• Match Support - Enable ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little & Little’s family.
• Match Activities - Provide cultural and social activities for children in our community.
• Recruit “Bigs” - For each match that is made, there are always more children being referred by parents, guardians, or counselors.
A few facts about BBBSNCW:
• Selected Small Business of the Year—Non-Profit by the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.
• Serving a record number of youths with 504 total children served in 2011.
• Average match cost of $650.00 per year, which is significantly lower than comparable agencies in the state and the national average ($1,000.00+).