- The Run For Hungry Children began in 2002 with 1 site in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Since then, the Run has added 6 more sites spanning 4 states, involving 5,500 runners and walkers and countless volunteers all while raising over $465,000.
- For 9 years, the goal has been to feed hungry children. 10.9 million children under the age of 5 die each year from hunger-related causes. It is all too common for children around the globe, particularly in Africa, Asia and Latin America to go days on end with desperately hungry stomachs.
Whether it is poor children in Haiti or AIDS orphans in Africa, Bright Hope has committed to providing relief to children around the world, leveraging local partners and indigenous organizations through which aid can be provided.
- 2011 Run For Hungry Children Dates & Locations:
- West Chicago, IL : May 7, 2011
Hoffman Estates, IL : May 14, 2011
- Woodstock, IL : September 10, 2011 : CANCELLED
Traverse City, MI : September 17, 2011
Greenville, SC : October 16, 2011
Springfield, IL : October 29, 2011
You've worked hard to fundraise for orphans & vulnerable children - and we want to reward you! Check out this year's prizes:
- Raise $150: Earn RFHC Tech-Shirt
- Raise $300: Earn Tech-Shirt and RFHC Hoodie
- Raise $500: Earn Tech-Shirt, Hoodie, and RFHC Performance Jacket
Top Individual Fundraiser (1 winner for each race site): Choice between 3 great prizes:
1. LG 22" Flat Panel LCD HDTV
2. 4th Generation iPod Touch
3. Flip Video HD Camcorder
**New Incentive This Year! "Beat Your Fundraising Goal" Raffle Drawing**
For every $50 you raise above your goal of $500, you'll be entered each time into a raffle to win your choice of a Nintendo Wii Game System or a Garmin Nuvi GPS Navigation System. There's no limit to how many entries you receive - so work hard! The more you fundraise, the greater your chances are of winning!
Put the "Fun" in your Fundraising Page
1. Add a photo of you: smiling, serious, funny, running, walking ... people want to give to you and your cause.
2. Personalize your story: Tell everyone why you chose to run/walk, how they can help, how you feel about poverty.
3. Email: Your friends, family, co-workers your page.
5. Update often: Tell of the progress you've made, how much more you need to reach/pass your goal, etc.