Church Community Services' Amazing Elkhart Race 2013
Have fun, explore Elkhart, and raise money for CCS, all in one day.
First Prize - $1000
Second Prize - $800
Third Prize – “Dinner under the Chandelier” for six @ the Palais Royale, 5 course meal with personal butler
Other Prizes - individual legs, team spirit, team costume - no speedos please ;)
When: Saturday, May 18, 2013, beginning at 12 PM.
What: 10 or more challenges taking teams all around Elkhart.
Where: Start -- Civic Plaza, downtown Elkhart. End -- CCS, 907 Oakland Ave.
Who: Teams of 4 adventure-seeking people, 18+ years old, able to walk/run up to 9 miles in the course of the race.
Why: Raise funds for Church Community Services' local food pantry, Soup of Success women's job and life skills training program, and emergency financial assistance. Plus, it'll be a blast! Top fundraising team gets a 4-minute start advantage and the second top raising team gets a 2-minute advantage!
How to participate: $50 registration fee per person. Follow these steps to register:
1. Read the race rules, event release, and waiver -- links below. Waivers must be signed and submitted prior to the race.
2. Your team captain creates a free First Giving account, a team name, and their own personal page. Click the green Register button above to begin.
3. Other team members create free First Giving accounts, register, join the team that was created, and set their fundraising goals. Your registration fees will not show up as part of the fundraising goals. Click the green Register button above to begin.
4. Each participant is encouraged to become a "fundraiser" and use First Giving to create a unique, individualized fundraising page. Express yourself--include photos and tell why you want to do this. Then share it with your friends and relatives, including your whole social network. This makes it easy for you to set and reach a fundraising goal to get your registration fee back and potentially combine with other team members to gain a race advantage. Offline donations can be counted, too. Just send them to us at Church Community Services. It's up to you and your teammates how you raise money.
5. Important: Teams compete, but each individual needs to register, identify with a team, and is considered a "fundraiser" as far as First Giving is concerned.
Remember ... Top 2 fundraising teams by date of race get a start advantage.
Registration Deadline: Changed to Friday, May 10th. Registration fee is nonrefundable. Only the first 30 teams will be accepted.
To sign up and join your team, click “Register” on the right and set up your personalized fundraising page. Then tell all your friends—by Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. Ready? Go!