The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is running a special Awareness All-Stars fundraiser just for kids. By creating your own fundraising page and sharing YOUR story with family and friends, you'll help NFCA make a difference for other kids with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity - just like you!
Here's how to do it:
1. Click "Join Now" to create an Awareness All-Stars fundraising page. Make sure to write about what it's like to be gluten-free and why you want to help other kids with celiac disease. Include a photo, too! If you need help, ask your mom or dad to create the page with you.
2. Send an email to your family members, friends, neighbors, coaches, camp counselors and anyone else you would like to know about your fundraiser. See Kids Central for samples of what you can write.
3. Visit your fundraising page frequently to see how much you've raised!
Each kid who participates in this fundraiser will get a reward for their hard work. Prizes range from getting your name listed on NFCA's Kids Central website all the way up to winning Gluten-Free Prize Packs from Froose Brands and Ian's Natural Foods! Other prizes include coupons for gluten-free food and a raffle for a cool gluten-free kids book.
To learn more about prizes, visit Kids Central.
You can add points to your total score by doing things like telling NFCA about your favorite gluten-free kids recipe or your favorite gluten-free product from the grocery store. All you have to do is fill out a form on NFCA's Kids Central site.
Bonus points will be tallied and added to your fundraising total at the end of the fundraiser. That means by helping Kids Central, you can help yourself earn a bigger prize!
To find out more about Bonus Points, visit Kids Central.
Information for Donors
The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is proud to have the support of its youngest volunteers. These Awareness All-Stars are working to make life better for all children living with celiac disease. Please support this effort by donating in honor of an Awareness All-Star.
To find an Awareness All-Star, click on "Fundraisers" and search for the All-Star's name.
Your contributions will support:
- Educational programs for patients and the healthcare and foodservice professionals who serve them
- Outreach to the undiagnosed population
- Continued development of online and print resources
- Expansion of Kids Central, NFCA's online hub for gluten-free kids and parents