Lace up your sneakers! It's time for the Hunger Walk.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Sam Lena Park near the northwest corner of Ajo and Country Club. The park can not be seen from the intersection, so follow the signs.
7:00 AM Check-in and pick up your t-shirt and water bottle
7:45 AM Program begins
8:00 AM Ribbon cutting and the walk begins
- The Short Walk: A one mile walk beginning at Sam Lena Park at the Kino Sports Complex. It continues north on Country Club Road and includes an informative tour of the Community Food Bank before returning to Sam Lena Park.
- The Long Walk: A three-and-a-half mile walk around the fully-paved Sam Lena Park walking path at the Kino Sports Complex. This walk is scenic and well-staffed. The walk continues north on Country Club Road and includes an informative tour of the Community Food Bank before returning to Sam Lena Park.
Several Ways to Participate
- Walk: It's easy! Register to walk by following the register link on this page. Adult registrations are only $10, and there is no fee for children12 and under when accompanied by an adult. Each registration includes an official Hunger Walk T-shirt and water bottle received at check-in. Why not form a walking team?
- Sleep In instead!: If you can’t be with us you can still support us with a donation of $20. Each sleeping-in registrant receives a surprise gift.
- Fundraise: Let your friends, collegues and family know about this event. It is easy to invite them to support you with the personal invitation you can build following a few simple steps. One thing is for sure, they can't help you if they don't know - so get the word out today!
We love your pets but ask that you leave them home. In the event of inclement weather, refunds will not be given. Your registration and participation in the walk indicates your consent to use your photograph in future promotional material.
Hunger Walk Prizes
It's easy to walk away with a great prize!
Pizzeria Vivace dinner for two will be awarded to someone who registers on or before March 1, 2010.
Build a team!
Swensen's Ice Cream Factory will provide all the fixin's for an ice cream social. You choose the date, provide the location & pick up the goodies. A total of three parties will be awarded.
Each team of 10 to 19 people- One entry in the drawing for an ice cream party for 25 people
Each team of 20 to 29 people- One entry in the drawing for an ice cream party for 35 people
Each team of 30 or more people- One entry in the drawing for an ice cream party for 50 people
Fundraise for the Food Bank!
AN eegee's party for 40 will be awarded to one lucky Community Food Bank supporter. To be eligible for the drawing, simply create a fundraising invitation and collect a minimum of $100.
Helpful tips on how to get started…
- Click the Get Started button at the top of this page
- Register to walk then form a team for yourself, friends, family and coworkers
- Create your own personal fundraising page
- Personalize the text and photos on your page, making it clear why you support the Community Food Bank
- Set a fundraising goal and don't be shy! Send a request for support and your web page link to friends, family, and colleagues
- Follow up with a notice on the progress of your event as the date draws closer, and be sure to thank your supporters--we certainly will!