14th Annual Buddy Walk for DSOSN
The 14th annual Buddy Walk of the Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada (DSOSN) is fast approaching. It will be held on Saturday – May 3, 2014 from 12 noon – 5 pm at Sunset Park (Section F), 2601 E Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV 89120.
Please note the new date of the Buddy Walk which is May 3, 2014. Disregard the old date of April 5, 2014. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
Proceeds from the Buddy Walk will benefit DSOSN to help in providing programs and services to those affected by Down syndrome in our community.
The Buddy Walk is an advocacy walk developed by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995.
The Buddy Walk has three primary goals:
- To promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome;
- To raise funds for local programs and services such as speech, developmental, music, and other therapies, educational seminars, and other benefits.
- To enhance the position of the Down syndrome community, enabling us to positively influence local and national policy and practice.
Buddy Walk Activities planned will include:
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM – Registration
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM – Welcome and Introduction
- 3:30 PM – the Walk begins
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM – Raffle, prizes and awards
- Throughout the event there will be ongoing fun, food and entertainment – including clowns, face painters, mascot characters, balloon artists, children’s games and a DJ.