Saturday, April 20 at City Market Park
Click on Start Fundraising above to sign up for the EarthWalk and create your fundraising page!
EarthWalk 2013 supports the programs of Bridging The Gap (BTG), Kansas City's environmental education and action organization.
At BTG, we educate citizens, businesses and governments about the impact their decisions have on our environment, and help them follow through with direct action to make our world, region and community green, healthy and sustainable.
BTG fulfills its mission through our extensive program array, one of the most diverse of any environmental organization in the U.S. Our programs include:
- managing and educating at three KCMO Community Recycling Centers
- conducting door-to-door recycling engagement in the urban core
- picking up litter and installing sustainable gardens through Keep Kansas City Beautiful
- siting, planting and mulching more than 3,000 trees through Heartland Tree Alliance
- conserving ecosystems on 400 acres of Kansas City WildLands
- maintaining the lively involvement of 75 corporations in sustainability and waste-sharing through the Environmental Excellence Business Network and By-Product Synergy
- helping to place 500+ rain barrels at homes each year
- presenting environmental principles to thousands with Five Green Things
- engaging more than 2,700 volunteers annually at more than 100 events, doing the hard, physical work it takes to really improve our environment.