Thank you for showing your support for the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center! There are three ways to show your support:
1. Check out The Cheeks = benefit BARCC. Our Boston University School of Public Health team is throwing a benefit for BARCC on April 19 at 6:30pm at the Elk’s Lodge, located at 55 Bishop Allen Drive in Cambridge, MA. Come see local band The Cheeks perform. Suggested $8 donation at the door; proceeds go to BARCC. $3 for beer and $5 for mixed drinks. Cash only. Live music starts at 7:30pm. More info: http://www.facebook.com/events/210251295741294/
2. Walk for change. The BARCC Walk for Change is coming up April 22! Find more information on the "Event" tab on this page.
3. Donate online. Sexual violence affects about 1 in 5 women in the US, but far fewer will receive support in the wake of an assault -- often because they doubt anyone will believe them. But rape is not a sexual misunderstanding or poor communication: It is a violation and a crime that can lead to devastating physical, emotional and social outcomes.
BARCC is one of the few organizations that understands sexual violence and how to best support survivors, many of whom contribute to the ongoing improvement of BARCC's programs. In addition to offering comprehensive support services, BARCC provides community education that aims to change public awareness of sexual violence and its root causes. These kind of efforts are only possible through donations from people like you.
Here's how your donations can help:
* $25 helps BARCC answer two hotline calls.
* $75 pays for medical accompaniment to a hospital emergency room by a trained volunteer.
* $200 supports the first three sessions of free counseling for survivors and their families.
* $1,000 allows a new volunteer or intern to attend BARCC’s comprehensive training program.
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. Thank you so much for your support-- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to get involved!