Sam & Emmie Cohen & Adam Ring's Mitzvah
We are looking for Heroes and need your help!
Since we were all born on the same day, we decided to join FORCEs to raise awareness about hereditary cancer and help save lives for our Mitzvah Project! We plan to share important information including the facts below with 40 Pennsylvania synagogues and their Rabbis in addition to YOU to reduce risk in families!
You can become our hero by sharing this information with your family and friends and by making a donation of any size so that FORCE can continue to share this information to save lives!
Did you know that :
- hereditary breast cancer represents about 10% of all breast cancers?
- hereditary cancer risk can be passed down from the mother or the father to daughters and sons?
- one out of every 40 Jewish people carries a mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA 2 gene?
- families with a hereditary predisposition to cancer face up to an 85% lifetime risk of developing breast cancer and up to a 50% chance for ovarian cancer?
- 90% of people with a hereditary predisposition are unaware of their high risk for breast and ovarian cancer?
- there are options for lowering risk of developing hereditary breast and ovarian cancers?
- there is a link between breast and ovarian cancer? Both breast and ovarian cancer can be caused by mutations in the BRCA1 (breast cancer gene 1) and BRCA2 (breast cancer gene 2) genes. Women with a family history of breast and ovarian cancer, or a personal history for either, particularly if diagnosed before age 50, should be aware of increased risk for the other.
- that one out of every ten ovarian cancer cases is hereditary?
- Talk to a genetics expert if there is a pattern of cancer to determine steps to reduce risk.
Thank you in advance for helping us with our Mitzvah Project to spread the word about FORCE, an organization that has greatly helped our mom/friend!
Adam, Sam & Emmie