Welcome to my fundraising page for the Escondido Humane Society’s Paws in the Park 2008 walk! Thank you for consideration of sponsoring my walk to benefit animals in need.
The Escondido Humane Society is an open-door, no-kill animal shelter that cares for thousands of homeless, abused, neglected or abandoned animals every year. As a nonprofit organization, they depend upon people like us to support their lifesaving work in benefit of animals. Here’s just some of what they recently accomplished:
- Sheltered over 7,000 homeless companion animals in 2007, providing them with veterinary care, behavioral rehabilitation, and plenty of TLC until we place them into new, safe homes
- Cared for over 1,200 animals at one time during the October 2007 San Diego wildfires, offering them temporary safe shelter, supplies, and refuge until they could be reunited with their owners or placed in new, safe homes
- Created a cutting-edge behavioral rehabilitation for abused and neglected dogs. Massage, music therapy, aromatherapy, and reading therapy are among our new, state-of-the-art treatments
- Unique “Nursery Nannies” program rescued over 500 orphaned kittens and puppies by providing them with round-the-clock, individualized care until they grow strong and healthy
- Educational and pet therapy programs reached over 15,000 people
Think of an animal who has made a difference to you, and do what you can to help other animals just like him or her. Please sponsor me as I walk in honor of all animals who need and deserve our support and love! Your support is fully tax-deductible (Escondido Humane Society’s Tax ID #95-1661662), and will do so much good for dogs, cats, and all companion animals who need our help. Together, with other walkers, we hope to raise $125,000 for animals at the Escondido Humane Society. Join me in saving lives – four paws at a time!