Thank you for visiting my fundraising page!
Those that know me, know I like facts. Did you know ...
- In the US, 1/3 of women murdered each year are killed by intimate partners.
- In South Africa, a woman is killed every 6 HOURS by an intimate partner.
- In India, 22 women were killed each day in dowry-related murders in 2007.
- In Guatemala, two women are murdered, on average, each day.
- Women and girls comprise 80% of the estimated 800,000 people trafficked annually, with 79% trafficked for sexual exploitation.
- In eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, at least 200,000 cases of sexual violence, mostly involving women and girls, have been documented since 1996, though the actual number are considered to be much higher.
- Domestic violence alone cost approximately US$1.16 BILLION in Canada and US$5.8 BILLION in the United States. In Australia, the estimated cost is US$11.38 BILLION per year.
- Between 40-50% of women in European Union countries experience unwanted sexual advances, physical contact or other forms of sexual harassment at their workplace.
If these facts don't convince you that work needs to be done to conquer this issue, I don't know what will. Please donate!
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.
Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!