Hi, my name is CJ Burford. I am 8 years old. Thank you for visiting my fundraising page!
Beginning on May 13th, 2013, I once again hopped on my bike and pedaled for a reason. This time I rode 437 miles across the state of North Carolina from the Tennessee state line to Emerald Isle. I did this ride for the Samaritan’s Purse “Children’s Heart Project”. This bike ride was not a race; instead it is a great opportunity for many people to help me show God’s love and support families all over the world with children who do not have adequate medical care!
This was not my first bike ride. Here is some info about my journey so far….
• In the summer of 2011, after hearing a song called “Everything You Do” by Steven Curtis Chapman, I asked my mom if I was supposed to even ride my bike for Jesus. She reminded me that God made my body and that I should do everything for his glory. So, a little later, I decided I would always ride my bike for a reason….and the reason is to Glorify God and show His love!!
• On August 5th, 2011 I rode 30 miles across Forsyth County, North Carolina in support of medical missionaries in Kenya. I completed this ride in approximately 4 hours and raised almost $5000! After this ride, I knew I was supposed to do more rides for a reason. I felt very strongly that I was supposed to continue to ride for organizations that help sick kids or prevent sickness in children. I am so blessed to be healthy and able to ride my bike! Since then, the money raised has been used in combination with other monies that were raised to build a hospital in Dandora, Kenya. For more information on this ride check out http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2011/aug/04/wsmain01-6-year-old-heads-out-on-cross-county-trek-ar-1267523/
• On November, 11th and 12th, 2011 I rode to raise money for the Ronald McDonald Houses of Winston-Salem and Charlotte. I began my bike ride at the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem on November 11th and completed my ride at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte on November 12th. This is a total of approximately 85 miles in two days!!! For more info on this ride go to http://charlotteobserver.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=38841774&event=1361399&CategoryID=56535
• Over my spring break from school in 2012, I rode 315 miles down the coastline of North Carolina to raise money for the Samaritan’s Purse “Turn on the Tap” Water Project. It’s awesome to think of the people who can be given water filtration systems and at the same time told about the Living Water of Christ with the money that was raised. For more info on this ride go to http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/Samaritans_Purse_Today/post/riding_for_a_reason/
• Eventually my big dream is to ride across the USA to raise money for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. I believe God has given me a love for riding my bike, a healthy body to do it, and I will do all I can to ride to help raise money that will be used to show His love!
I would like to ask for your help! Please pray for the people this money will reach, and give in honor of this ride. If every person will come together and do this it would help in a HUGE way! My goal was to raise $8,800, this enough to help 4 children get heart surgery. Priase the Lord that this ammount has already been raised! I choose this number because there are 4 kids in my family, but it would be awesome to raise more! This goal was a MAN made goal. I believe it may be GOD's goal to allow this ride to raise even more than I could have ever imagined! All glory would go to GOD!!! All money raised from this ride goes to Samaritan’s Purse to help children through the “Children’s Heart Project”. There are 200 kids on the waiting list to recieve life saving surgery! I thought I could help four of them by riding my bike, but now I see that God has a desire for even more!! For more info about the Children’s Heart Project go to http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/CHP/History/
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts. If you have questions, please contact my mom, Katie Burford, by calling 336-577-7982 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too! Thank you for praying with me about what God wants me to ride next and helping me show God’s love to others!
Pedaling with a cause,
**To follow along with my story go to www.facebook.com/cjs.rides.for.a.reason