Friends and Supporters,
We need your help today!
Last week, we were alerted about a Mom and her litter of pups that were surrendered to a county shelter. We knew they weren't German Shepherds, but time wasn't on their side and we made the decision to save them.
They have been cared for in a foster home, but last night, one of the pups was rushed to the emergency room and tested positive for parvo. Typical to the disease, the symptoms don't present until 7-10 days after they have been in contact with the virus. Unfortunately, little Dax crossed the rainbow bridge this morning after receivng round the clock care.
Thankfully, we were able to act quickly and siblings Dawson and Diva are fighting hard and we hope they will pull through as they are not as sick as Dax was. They are now getting the supportive care that they need.
The 3 other sibling pups (Dixie, Deacon, and Denver) appear to be doing fine at this time and are receiving in-home care since they are not presenting symptoms. We will continue to monitor their progress.
Once we commit to a dog we are in it for the the good and the bad. Their bill is expected to be about $4,000 and we need your help.
These pups can live long, healthy, and normal lives once we get them over this hurdle and we want to give them that opportunity!
We need your help to make this happen. No donation is too small!
Coastal German Shepherd Rescue- OC