Thank you for supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County & North Lake Tahoe! People like you make it possible for us to provide carefully-matched mentors to over 200 at-risk children in our community each year.
Due to the success of our existing matches, demand for our programs has outpaced our capacity to serve new kids, resulting in a long waiting list of at-risk children needing and wanting a Big Brother or Big Sister mentor.
Little known facts:
- We raise all of our funding ourselves and do not receive any financial support from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
- We are also the only agency in the region serving boys ages 6-18 with one-to-one mentoring.
Please help our agency build our capacity to meet this critical need for mentoring locally by making a donation before the year ends:
· A donation of $25 provides one-to-one mentoring for an at-risk child for one week.
· A donation of $50 provides one agency-sponsored activity/outing for five mentoring matches (10 people).
· A donation of $100 provides in-depth screening for one potential Big Brother or Big Sister to ensure he/she would make a good mentor for a child in need.
· A donation of $500 provides professional supervision and support to one mentoring match for a year.
· A donation of $1,200 removes one child from our waiting list, matches him/her with a caring and responsible mentor, and provides match supervision and support for 12 months.
The Munson Family Foundation is donating a $10,000 matching grant for this capacity-building appeal. That means that your donation will be doubled by their matching gift…and if we raise $10,000 from donors like you, it will become $20,000 to support children in need of mentoring! Details about the Munson Family Foundation are below.
For details on the impact your donation makes here locally, please see our 2011 annual report online at www.bigsofnc.org and click on “Program Impact.” Together, we DO make a difference in the life of a child!
Thank you for joining us in this important work,
Dena Valin, Executive Director
About the Munson Family Foundation:
In July of 1989, Ward and Alice Munson formed the Munson Family Foundation so they could share with the less fortunate the rewards of their years of hard work building successful businesses. The Foundation offers grants to qualifying charities throughout the United States in the areas of health, education and welfare. Colleen Munson Kelly now manages the Foundation. As a single mother of three young boys, she learned first-hand the importance of having a positive mentor for her young sons. They all had long and rewarding relationships with their Big Brothers. She has served as a board member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County & North Lake Tahoe and applauds their many successes in bringing positive mentoring experiences to young people. Our agency is very thankful to the Munson Family Foundation for their generous support!