*This is a sample fundraising page made to guide grassroots supporters of The Campus Kitchens Project*
Steps to creating your own fundraising page:
1. Start by changing the image. If you are creating a fundraising page for an event, please use an image that directly relates to the event. Use an image that clearly depicts your subject like the avacados pictured to the right of the screen. Avoid photos taken from more than ten feet away.
If you are raising money for your Campus Kitchen in a personal ask - for graduation or a birthday - make sure you include a photo of yourself working in the kitchen! (Hairnet optional :))
2. FIrstgiving allows you to add images and videos that further explain to your friends, family, colleagues, and aquaintances why your Campus Kitchen is awesome. If you are looking for Flickr images or YouTube videos to add, feel free to use the national accounts.
YouTube: ckpnational (search for the ckpnational page to select your video.)
3. Make sure you select a fundraising target so people understand your goal. For Birthdays, graduations, and other personal events, select an amount from $100 - $500. For larger Campus Kitchen fundraising events, choose an amount $500 - $2000.
4. The most important part: tell people WHY they should donate.
Tie your fundraising goal back to very specific, tangiible items that your kitchen will be able to purchase if a friend or family member donates. Some suggestions to ask for: gas cards, fresh produce, kitchen basics, or the cost of a specialty meal.
For specific events like Turkeypalooza, don't hesitate to explain the entire meal and detail and give people options for donating different amounts.
- Donate a can of pumpkin: $3
- Provide two boxes of stuffing: $5
- Give a bag of sweet potatoes: $10
- Donate a whole turkey: $20
5. Make it personal. Tell your story and explain why raising money for your Campus Kitchen is important to you, how the Campus Kitchen has helped you grow, and how you've personally seen your work positively impact your community.
6. Still looking for language? We will provide some documents in our forum section on The Kitchen Table for our event-specific fundraising campaigns. In addition, we will provide some fill-in-the-blank paragraphs to include on your page.