Gary Penny's Page
Thank you for visiting my Personal Fundraising Page.
Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to make a contribution to our fundraising efforts.
Hello, I would like to introduce the newest member of our family…Shelby. She came to ABC the fall 2010 with 33 other puppy mill dogs.
Puppy mill dogs have:
- Numerous litters with no regard to breed quality/health of the dogs.
- Little or no veterinary care.
- Very little living spaces, some dogs 24/7 in crates or cages.
- Little contact with humans, with most contact being a negative experience.
- Numerous litters with money/greed the only objective for the owner.
The first 3 months at our home as a foster was challenging. Shelby
- Laid in the farthest corner of our backyard,
- Didn’t bark, wag her tail, or interact with our 4 other dogs.
If we made eye contact with her, she would scurry the other direction in fear. It took her months to interact & play with our other dogs.
In Shelby’s past, eye contact with a human meant something bad was going to happen. Shelby wanted to be the invisible dog…. No eye contact/No human trust.
After almost 2 years, Shelby remains uncomfortable with eye contact and still leaves a room if we enter. However, we have managed to do “loving time” twice a day, with pets & direct eye contact on her terms.
We hope with time she will learn to trust humans and enjoy being loved on.
With YOUR financial support, ABC will be able to continue helping the unwanted, homeless and abused basset hounds like Shelby.
ABC Basset Hound Rescue, Inc. is a 501c3, non-profit organization. Tax ID # 16-1597137.
Gary & Kathy Penny
Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!