Dear Family and Friends,
It's that time of year again. We are participating in TACA’s 2012 Family and Friends campaign. For those of you that have donated in the past, we sincerely appreciate your support and hope you do so again this year. If you haven't donated in the past, please consider making a donation this year, no amount is too small!
It has been 9 years since Jordyn was diagnosed with autism. During the first few years after receiving the diagnosis, autism defined our family. Everything we did was filled with sadness, loneliness and most of all, autism. It seemed like the only pastime Jordyn knew was crying! But, through biomedical treatments, wonderful therapists, teachers and a TON of hard work, she began to make improvements! Jordyn is now 11 years old and she continues to amaze us each year. She is improving in her speech, reading, writing and other academic skills and she still LOVES cheerleading!
At the beginning of 2008, I had the opportunity to start the TACA Georgia Chapter and it has been a rewarding experience. In addition to continuing my volunteer work for the Georgia Chapter, I have also taken on a national role with TACA. In November, I accepted the position of National Chapter Manager for this wonderful organization. Through both roles, I see firsthand the impact TACA has on families struggling with autism.
In 2005, Autism affected 1 in every 166, in 2007 Autism affected 1 in every 150, and today......Autism currently affects 1 in every 91 children. Talk About Curing Autism supports almost 28,000 families each year at no cost to them.
How does TACA help families?
• Monthly Parent Education Meetings including up-to-date books for the resource library
• TACA Journey Guides free to all new families
• Financial Scholarships for families in need
• New Parent Seminars
• Parent Mentor Program
• Increased Autism Awareness through TACA brochures, bookmarks, participating in conferences, and distributing "My Child has Autism" cards
• TACA's amazing website including, Live Chat
• Adopt-a-Family Holiday Program
• Autism Cares TACA is a partner member, providing financial support for families during national disasters and catastrophic life events
Donating to this website is simple, fast, completely secure and 100 percent tax-deductible. We thank you so much for your support. Please forward this to others!
Ben, Jackie and Jordyn Moore