It's time to look forward to Spring, and to the 3rd annual Rock to Rock Earth Day Ride!
For two years, I've worked with an amazing team of folks to organize Rock to Rock. First year, we had 300 riders and raised $10,000 for 6 local environmental groups. Last year, we went up to 350 riders,and doubled the fundraising total to $20,000. This year, we're getting a little ambitious: 500 riders. $40,000. 13 great environmental organizations. Let's do it.
I'm raising funds for Common Ground. I am aiming to raise $1000. Want to lend a hand? There are so many good reasons:
- It's Earth Day.
- 100% of what you pledge will go right to Common Ground -- the high school with Connecticut's largest test score gains in 2010, the community organization that's getting 7,000 city residents out into the natural world, and the urban farm that's growing 5,000 pounds of fresh produce for those who need it most.
- I will again send every person who pledges me a box full of fresh, homemade cookies.
- April 10th is my 35th birthday, and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate.
Are you wondering how much to give? There are lots of options:
- $35 lets us grow a row of beautiful tomatoes, destined for free school lunches for all our high school students.
- $75 means that 10 elementary kids can go on a field trip to Common Ground, and dive into the farm and forest.
- $100 pays for the time our college counselor needs to help a senior through the college application process.
- $150 will pay for a 9-week after-school program for a low-income New Haven student, connecting them with outdoor adventures and environmental leadership.
Thank you for joining my Rock Band. And, if you're in New Haven, you should sign up to join us on the 30th ...