Why such a precise goal, you may ask? This is a very special year for me. 2011 is my 10th Bird-a-thon for Mass Audubon, and I am hoping to cross the $100,000 milestone for fundraising this year!
Why is Bird-a-thon so important to me personally? Your support in this event helps to fund all of the birding programs at Drumlin Farm that have enriched my life - especially youth clubs, adult trips, owl banding and habitat improvements at the sanctuary.
Over the past six years, Bird-a-thon donations of more than $200,000 have helped Drumlin Farm offer high quality avian education, conservation and research programs.
Your donation supports:
• Purchase of additional loaner binoculars for both youth and adults to handle increased program participation
• Enhancements to the visitor experience at the new Farm Life Center – Wildlife Gardens with native plantings, an information center, and a kiosk with birding information and videos
• Additional restoration work and native plantings at the entranceway bird feeding area
• Birding kiosk renewal – replacement with a waterproof kiosk, and new backdrops and interpretive material
• Expansion of programs featuring non-releasable wild animals, including facility renovation, and housing, food and vet care for additional residents
• Maintenance of our fleet of five birder-friendly minivans
• Support of citizen science projects: Kestrel Nest Boxes Monitoring Program, Breeding Bird Surveys, Cavity Nesting Project, Bird Banding, etc.
• Ongoing restoration of grassland breeding bird habitat on the drumlin
• Support for the Young Birder’s Club and Chickadee Birding Club
• Development of birding tours to exciting new destinations such as Southern California, Oklahoma and Hawk Mountain
!!!! Thank you !!!!