2012 Asheville Ride for Kids®
Team Brady unites again this fall for the Ride for Kids in Asheville, NC in honor of Les and Sue Valyer's grandson Brady. At 9 months old Brady was diagnoised with a pilomyxoid astrocytoma, an incurable, highly aggressive tumor. This has not stopped Brady who will be celebrating his 6th Birthday this July. Little Brady is a special little boy who has taken what life has given him with the gusto of any little boy, even when going through rounds of chemo. He attends preschool and is an exceptionally bright young man with the mind of a sponge always wanting to learn new things. The doctors originally said he had about five years, but Brady's is defying the odds and now has been given another five years. Hopefully during that time the research funded by the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation will find a cure for this form of brain tumor. That can only happen through your contribution to help Team Brady raise funds to support the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
The Ride for Kids program supports the efforts of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) to find the cause of and cure for childhood brain tumors. The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization that seeks to
* find the cause of and cure for childhood brain tumors by supporting medical research.
* increase public awareness about the severity and prevalence of childhood brain tumors
* aid in the early detection and treatment of childhood brain tumors
* support and national database on all primary brain tmors
* provide educational and emotional support for children and families affected by this life-threatening disease.
We reach out to our friends, family and even strangers for support. We are setting a lofty goal this year to see if we can double what we have raised the past two years. If little Brady with his courage and spirit can double the expected life expectancy we can reach this goal with your support.
Thank you for your help. Keith & Peggy Zionts