Laurel Holloman.net's Fundraising Page
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page for the Maasai Wilderness Conservaton Fund.
We welcome all donations to help this cause. All funds for the Maasai have been earmarked for children's education and health clinics.
Mission of the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust is to support the preservation of biodiversity within the Maasai tribal lands of East Africa by promoting conservation, education and health services within the Maasai community. The uniqueness of both equatorial Africa’s grassland ecosystems and the storied culture of the Maasai people face a daunting challenge to survive and co-exist in a sustainable manner. Recognizing that the fate of both rests with the Maasai themselves, the MWCT raises awareness and financial support. Funds support a host of programs designed to conserve the legendary wildlife of the area and to encourage sustainable land practices to benefit the ecosystem, ultimately preserving the traditional Maasai way of life.
The Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust operates in three sectors: Conservation, Education, and Health.
Trust funds are used to:
- Protect biodiversity and local wildlife
- Provide the Maasai landlords with conservation easement, to create protected conservation areas
- Employ game scouts to monitor and prevent poaching, harvesting of protected trees, and illegal wildfires
- Compensate local maasai who’s property has been damaged or lost due to predators and wildlife in general
- Award merit scholarships to worthy students
- Assist children whose families are too poor to send them to school
- Build schools
- Provide school supplies and resources
- Employ teachers
- Build dispensaries
- Employ doctors and nurses
- Provide medical supplies and equipment for the local community and dispensaries
Thank you for your donation.
Laurel Holloman and the staff of www.laurelholloman.net