Thanks for visiting my fundraising page!
I'm fundraising for Samaritan's Purse International Relief, an organization that provides both spiritual and physical aid to people in need all over the globe. Their projects are diverse. Here are some of the things they're actively doing in needy communities around the world.
- the Children's Heart Project, which enables children needing life-saving operations to get the treatment they need
- providing missionaries with bicycles or other transportation
- rescuing children from sweatshops, military service, and other forms of exploitation
- providing children in orphanages with food, healthcare, and education
- digging wells to provide people with clean water
- providing prenatal care, medical equipment, and medicine to mothers-to-be
- building churches and schools
- providing blankets, clothing, and mosquito nets
- providing livestock or fishing boats to enable families to support themselves
... and TONS more.
(For more information on specific projects you can donate directly to, see their Gift Catalog )
Donating through this page is simple, fast and secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.
I know times are tough and that, for many of us, money is tight, but I firmly believe Samaritan's Purse is a worthy cause and that your donation, no matter how small, can make a difference.
So you may be thinking, "Ok, Mark, if I'm giving money, what are YOU doing?"
A fair question. And here's your answer.
I'm running. 1 mile for every dollar we raise.
I'll be keeping track of my miles run using MapMyRun.com and updating my miles run here on my fundraising page so everyone can see my progress.
Rather than do an organized race event like the one in the video at the top right of this page, I'm doing a tit-for-tat, mile-per-dollar project of my own. I like the video, though, because it shows the spirit behind Samaritan's Purse and the sorts of things they strive to accomplish.
Thanks so much for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone else you think might want to donate, too! Let's blow this $1,000 goal out of the water!