Thank you for visiting our MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) Fundraising Page!
MOPS is a Christian International organization that recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother/child relationship and are filled with unique needs. MOPS is led by mothers themselves, who all share the same desire . . . to be the best mothers they can be and to reach out to other moms so No Mom Is Alone.
Our MOPS group formed in 2007 and we are proud of accomplishments we have made over the last 6 years and are excited for the year to come.
In 2012-2013 we…
* Welcomed 15 moms as visitors to our group and 5 of them joined our group bringing our total membership up to 25 moms
* Our MOPPETS Program watched young children so the moms could attend meetings
* Held our 5th Annual Christmas Bazaar where 21 local moms who do home based sales business sold their items to the community and gained contacts
* Continued long term mission project through the Child Survival Program with Compassion International where we help to provide prenatal care and infant survival training for mothers in Cite Chauvel, Haiti.
* Participated in Operation Christmas Child and prepared 34 shoe boxes with gifts for children in need
* Sent 5 MOPS Steering Team Member to the MOPS International Convention in Dallas in August to receive MOPS Leadership Training
*We received a Midwest Energy Grant in which all was used to make fleece blankets donated to the pediatric ward at Hays Medical Center
* Held a park clean up at Massey Park for Hays Beatification
* Collected Box Tops, McDonald’s receipts and Labels for Education for local schools
* Collected pop can tabs for Ronald McDonald Houses
* Participated in Hays Recreation Commission’s Trick of Trunk night where we handed out MOPS Brochures to moms and candy to kids.
* Provided 40 meals to families in need of support.
* Held a Family Picnic
*Reached out to more moms in our area by handing out 300 flyers in the 4th of July Parade
In 2013-2014 we are hoping to…
* Send 8 MOPS Steering Team Members to the MOPS International Convention to receive training in 2013
* Continue our local service projects
* Continue to reach out to moms in our community so no mom is alone.
* Continue to hold monthly meeting that fulfill our members needs while providing Christian Support
* Look into starting a MOMSNext Group for those MOPS members who children are in elementary school
*Donate 60+ shoeboxes with gifts for Operation Christmas Child
Our group runs solely on the support from the moms who join and YOU! With your support we can continue to have meetings, reach out to new moms and our community and gain leadership training to help us have a successful group.
Any donation that you can give will help to change a mom’s life in positive ways. No amount is too small! A $5 donation covers a mom’s first time meeting fees to our group and if our group could get 20 moms to have 20 family and friends to give $20 we would raise $8,000 which would be enough to send our entire MOPS Steering Team to Convention!
If you feel led, please either click the "Sponsor Me Now" button above and provide a donation or send a check made out to "MOPS of Messiah Lutheran" to 2000 Main, Hays, KS 67601.
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page!
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.
Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!