About My Mission:
First of all thank you kindly for visiting my fundraising page. All donations are very much appreciated and certainly never go unnoticed and go directly to the Nature Conservancy.
Starting May 10th I will be embarking on a 4,000 mile bike ride across America to raise support and awareness to the importance of land and nature conservation. My goal is to Raise $50,000 for the Nature Conservancy and educate my followers on the importance of living a more sustainable lifestyle.
If I can get the support of just $10 from 5,000 people I will accomplish this goal! That's less than the cost of popcorn and a movie!
Exploring America on a bike and doing good for my planet has been a long time dream of mine and I am excited to share this experience with you. Here are just a few topics I plan to emphasize on my mission.
- Reuse and Recycle!
- Protecting Land from Commercial Development
- Supporting Local Farmers
- Conserving Energy and Using Natural Resources
- Transforming Waste into Resources
Why the Nature Conservancy?
In my honest opinion The Nature Conservancy is hands down one of the most important organizations period. Helping preserve and sustain our natural habitat and environment all over the world and applying science and conventional wisdom to their projects speaks volumes about their commitment to making a difference and how they operate as an organization.
Where Your Donations Go:
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
- Protection of more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide and more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
- Projects in all 50 states and more than 30 countries — protecting habitats from grasslands to coral reefs, from Australia to Alaska to Zambia.
- Applying science to conservation involving climate change, fire, fresh water, forests, invasive species, and marine ecosystems.
- Preservation of wildlife and animals.
- Education and assistance in applying science to modern agriculture practices
For More Information Visit: http://www.follownathan.org
My Daily Blog and Journal http://www.greenopolis.com/follownathan