It's not too late to be a Wish Racer. There are NO minimum fundraising amounts.
Step 1: Sign up instantly using the "Join NOW" button on the upper right of this page.
Step 2: Then, read below for everything you need to know about Wish Racing.
Wish Racing FAQS
1) How will I get my Wish Racing stuff before the race?
Packet picket will occur Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning before the race. We'll have a table at packet pickup (in the school) where you can pick up your racing top and hand in any last minute donations. If you need to get your Wish Racing stuff on race morning, just find the Make-A-Wish tent at the start - right next to those wonderful port-a-potties. At packet pickup, you'll have a chance to try on your racing top, hear about your special port-a-potties and the all important post-race VIP Wish Racer party.
2) What stuff do I get?
If you raise more than $200, you'll receive a "Wish Racer" race top and a few goodies for race day. Most importantly, you'll get a wonderful finish line experience at our post-race VIP party - complete with cheering and inspirational stories from our Wish families and children. We want you to meet the types of children you're raising money for - so you know the impact you are having on these wonderful children. It also doesn't hurt that they'll be pizza, drinks and treats at the Wish Racer post race party as well!
3) What should I be doing right now?
Share your fundraising page with friends and family!!!!!! The average wish cost in New Hampshire is approximately $9000, and we have over 100 children who are eligible for wishes. Every dollar counts these days, so use family, co-workers, employers, friends and social media to get the word out that you're raising money for children with life threatening illnesses. Some of the best techniques for raising money are as follows:
- Send requests to friends/family via email or Facebook. Use the following link to let them know what Make-A-Wish wishes are all about, and then tell them you're running a challenging Half Marathon to help make wishes come true. Between your racing spirit and the the challenge these wish kids face, donors are easily inspired and always find a way to help.
- Put a donation request box up in the lunch/break room at work. Some of our most successful fundraisers have placed in the top three just by doing this!
- Ask your employer if they match donations that you raise.
- Be creative! Let people know what your doing and how it will help these kids! Some Wish Racers even use their kids to help raise money with them!
FACT: Even though there are less than 2 weeks to race day, most donations come in at this time. Which means, if you are only starting fundraising now, you are actually right on schedule!!!
||Saturday, May 12, 2012
jt at jtodonnell.com