After raising over $56,000 for autism research between 2007 and 2012, I hope to make 2013 a record year by running 210 miles of marathons in through March 1, 2014. That’s eight 26.2-mile races or a total of almost 210 miles of racing.
The tentative schedule is:
• December 2012 - Palm Beach Marathon - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248686611
• January 2013 - Miami Marathon - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266560823
• April 2013 - London Marathon
• November 2013 - New York City Marathon
• December 2013 - Space Coast Marathon
• January 2014 Miami Marathon
• February 2014 Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon
• March 2014 Dances With Dirt 50-miler
And although that may seem difficult and daunting, as it's often difficult and daunting for first-time marathoners to train for and complete a 26.2-mile run, it's a walk-in-the-park compared to the challenges overcome every day by children and adults with autism.
So any help getting me across these 210 miles, one mile, one thousand dollars, at a time, would be greatly appreciated by me and by them.
Any contribution, every yard and meter, every mile and kilometer, helps us get to those eight finish-lines. But here are some suggested contributions:
• A Sprint (100 meters) = $62
• One Lap (quarter-mile track) = $250
• One Kilometer = $621
• One Mile = $1,000
• A 5K = $3,105
• A 10K = $6,210
Again, thanks to all of you who've contributed since 2007 and who continue to help in 2013!