'Get Stuffed' Augusta!
Welcome to TEAM BLUE's Fundraising Page for 'Get Stuffed' Augusta! On Thursday, November 16th, we are visiting Children's Medical Center at the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) to meet children coping with injury or illness and distribute Build-A-Bear Workshop® stuffed animals. The visit marks the sixth BLUE for Kids hospital-based event of the year.
Each Build-A-Bear is fitted with a choice of three shirts, a pair of khaki shorts, an Atlanta Braves™ hat, and an official birth certificate. The umpires will also bring a supply of baseballs for a few of the young sports fans they meet.
Meet the Umpires: The following umpires are scheduled to participate:
» Craig Barron, Single-A
» Scott Childers - Double-A
» Jon Merry - Triple-A
» Marvin Hudson - Major League
On-line Donations: Donating online through this site is simple, fast and secure. After making your online donation, your name will appear in our list of contributors.
Off-line Donations: Donations by personal check are welcome. Simply download our event contribution form (PDF) for complete details.
Current off-line donations received from:
* Southern Umpires Camp ($1000)
* Jeff & Patrice Scheyer ($160)
* Washington Rotary Club ($100)
* Mike and Debbie Barron ($100)
* Fred and Chris Huffman ($50)
* Washington Kiwanis Club ($500)
* Dr. Jesse Robinson DMD ($100)
* Lee and Julie Caudell ($70)
* Griggs & Ficklen Insurance ($100)
* Regions Bank ($35)
* Farmers State Bank ($100)
* Joe and Debbie Barnett ($35)
* Terry and Lynne Childers ($70)
* Odom Sunday School Class ($35)
* Martha Garrard Collins ($30)
* Jean Cockrell ($50)
* Cross Creek High School ($62)
* T.H. and W.M Reeve ($50)
* Optimist Club ($250)
* First Franklin Financial ($100)
* Ronald McMahel ($35)
* George and Carol Youngblood ($35)
* Kellie Wright ($35)
* Peter and Pamela Barbara ($35)
* Bob and Barbara Murray ($35)
* David and Annavaun Garcia ($100)
* Allan Macmillian Jr. ($35)
* James and Kent Rigsby ($35)
* Kent and Jan Schmieding ($35)
* Dave and Barbara Spencer ($70)
* Gina and Matt Glendon ($105)
* Ed Darby ($35)
* David Schoenberger ($35)
* Ralph Hodges ($35)
* Charles Major ($35)
* Richard Downs ($35)
* David Mulherin ($70)
* Scott and Kristie Childers ($70)
* Kopecky & Roberts, LLC Attorney at Law ($100)
* Clint & Linda Albea ($35)
* Bill Steed ($20)
* Farmers & Merchants Bank ($300)
* Drinkard Realty ($70)
* Wilkes Eye Center ($70)
* Washington Total Fitness ($70)
* Jockey Club ($50)
* Fievet's Pharmacy ($100)
* Dock Sisk ($100)
Thank You Gifts: Donate $100 and receive an Official Major League Baseball or $500 to receive a pro-style Rawlings baseball bat. Both items are personalized and signed by the participating umpires. Patients and parents will receive a letter with your name as the donor of their stuffed animal.
Article and Photos of Past Events: Visit our BLUE Reach web page at BLUEforKids.com for articles and photos from our 2006 hospital visits.
BLUE for Kids website: www.BLUEforKids.com
Questions?: Contact Samuel Dearth, Executive Director, BLUE for Kids at samuel@BLUEforKids.com.