We are a no-kill shelter, which means we will defend and fight for every life that crosses our path. Our valued volunteers and friends share and support this belief and we thank you for helping us fight for this single and valuable life. Without you, we would not be able to put our philosophy and beliefs into action-thank you for your donations.
May 6th update: Mimi has a temp of 103 but holding steady. Please keep your prayers and energy flowing to her. THANK YOU!!! We reached our goal to cover her medical bills so far. We are taking it day by day and understand she may have to return to the vet as she is still extremely fragile. We will continue to take donations at this time and check back to keep updated.
May 7th: Her temp rose again and the vet was called. Mimi is on new meds and as of this afternoon her temp is down to 101. Continue the prayers-she's holding on!!
May 9th: Mimi is doing good, her temp is down to 101.1 as of Saturday night. She is eating and finally pooped!! :> Her breathing has improved and the sneezing has decreased. A special Happy Mother's to Kathy, Mimi's human mom. Thank you for the round the clock care you have given her Kathy--we are all so grateful to have you!!
June 3rd: Mimi is doing very well and is full of energy. She is slowly being weaned off her meds that controlled her fever and will be going into the vet next week for her teeth cleaning and broken tooth repair. YEAH MIMI!!!
July: Mimi has been adopted! Mimi has fully recovered and has found her forever home with a very nice lady to spoil her the way she deserves to be! Thank you seems such little words for all your help in saving this precious life, but a sincere THANK YOU to everyone!!!
Mimi needs your help. We recently took in a cat that was left on someone's doorstep with a note that they could not take care of her anymore. Mimi is a sweet calico cat not even a year old yet.
Mimi was rushed to the emergency veterinarian last Friday night with a very high fever. She was kept at the treatment center and it was diagnosed that her uterus needed to get out immediately or she would die. We weighed our options and chose to go ahead with the surgery. Mimi was released on Sunday afternoon. Mimi returned to emergency care on Sunday night as her fever spiked again. She was kept overnight again and given intravenous medications to try to control her fever and bring any type of infection under control.
Mimi was released on Monday evening. She looked so much better and we truly thought she was on her way to being a healthy kitty and to have a full recovery.
Mimi was taken back to the emergency care today, Wednesday May 5th, as her fever had spiked again. We are doing everything we can do to save this precious life, but we need your help. Her current total bills have hit us hard and we are asking for monetary donations to help offset Mimi's cost and to guarantee that we can continue to try to save her. The veterinarian providing her care has not recommended euthanasia and feels she can be saved. She also knows we are a small shelter and our finances cannot continue to support this amount of care if it continues.
Please help us make sure we can save Mimi and do everything we can for her.
Your love, prayers and help is needed and appreciated!