U'nice Elliott's Page
Did you know that:
* 1 in 4 teenaged girls will have an STD
* The CDC estimates that every year in the U.S., 56,000 people are
infected with HIV?
* 1 in 3 newly infected with HIV is between the ages of 13-25?
* 25% of those infected with HIV do not know it?
* New York cases account for approximately 18% of all HIV cases in the
Because the fight is not over, I am walking in the 14th Annual
AIDS Hike for Life on Sunday, April 29. Fund raised dollars help support
AIDS Community Resources' Adolescent Prevention Programs and gives ACR
the resources to provide direct support to hundreds of individuals and
their families who are infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
"Being a client of AIDS Community Resources has enriched my life. When I
was told that I was positive for HIV, I didn't know what life had in
store for me, but ACR became. a part of my family and they have shown me
support in many ways." - ACR client
Please support me by contributing whatever you can or joining me at the
AIDS Hike for Life. If you are interested in making a donation (fully
tax-deductible), please click on the "Sponsor Me Now" link.
Thank you for your contribution and support.