Dear Friends & Supporters!
Did you know that:
* 1 in 4 teenaged girls will have an STD
* The CDC estimates that every year in the U.S., 56,000 people are infected with HIV?
* 1 in 3 newly infected with HIV is between the ages of 13-25?
* 25% of those infected with HIV do not know it?
* New York cases account for approximately 18% of all HIV cases in the U.S.?
Because the fight is not over, I am walking/running in the 19th Annual AIDS Walk/Run on Sunday, June 5th. Fund raised dollars help support AIDS Community Resources's Adolescent Prevention Programs and gives ACR the resources to provide direct support to hundreds of individuals and their families who are infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
"Being a client of AIDS Community Resources has enriched my life. When I was told that I was positive for HIV, I didn't know what life had in store for me, but ACR became. a part of my family and they have shown me support in many ways." - ACR client
Please support me by contributing whatever you can or joining me at the AIDS Walk/Run. If you are interested in making a donation (fully tax-deductible), please click on the "Sponsor Me Now" link.
Thank you for your contribution and support.