What is Junior Achievement?
Junior Achievement (JA) is the world’s largest and fastest growing non-profit economic education provider, with offices throughout the U.S. and more than 100 countries worldwide.
The mission of Junior Achievement (JA) is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JA provides free, educational programs that enhance current school curricula and teach students about financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship. JA reaches students in grades K-12, in both in-school and after-school settings, and currently offers 22 different programs containing age-appropriate content.
Why Bowl For JA?
To do a good thing – help students! You will join a team of very important people who are helping more than 3,000 students in Eastern and Central Massachusetts and the state of New Hampshire.
The cornerstone to Junior Achievement’s successful program implementation is its’ volunteer network. JA volunteers are trained in-person or online to teach JA curricula. They devote their time and energy to local students by bringing their own expertise, creativity and passion for their jobs directly into the classroom. They are strong role models and mentors for students and also provide JA with continuous feedback to improve and to innovate programs when necessary. This unique delivery system fosters positive outcomes for students, volunteers and JA. This year, JA will work with 1,300 volunteers throughout our territory.
How does a Bowl-A-Thon work?
- Your company’s Bowl-A-Thon coordinator will recruit teams to bowl
- Each bowler will collect pledges either online or via pledge envelopes
- JA will work with your Bowl-A-Thon coordinator to secure a date, time and location, and ensure you have everything you need for a successful and fun Bowl-A-Thon!
What Is Each Individual’s Obligation?
- Individuals who are bowling with a RETURNING Bowl-A-Thon company are asked to raise at least $100.
- Individuals who are bowling with a NEW Bowl-A-Thon company are asked to raise at least $50.
How are my pledges helping students of Northern New England?
$31=Sponsors one child for one JA Program
$714= Sponsors one JA Program for an entire class
$1,000= Sponsors one JA Skills to Succeed program
$4,000= Sponsors one JA in a Day program
$10,000= Sponsors one JA Academy