Jumpstart's Read for the Record - Southern California
To Jumpstart a child's future.
Jumpstart engages more than 600 volunteers in Southern California to serve more than 1,650 preschool children in low-income neighborhoods, teaching them the language and literacy skills they need to succeed.
- $10 will supply a year’s worth of paper for one classroom of children
- $25 will supply a year’s worth of crayons and paper for one classroom of children to learn to write their names
- $60 will deliver one complete set of Jumpstart curriculum books, each carefully chosen for its educational value
- $100 will provide two classrooms with puzzles and song charts to bring their curriculum books to life
- $250 will provide five Jumpstart sessions for one child
- $500 will provide training materials for six teams of Jumpstart Corps members, preparing them to over 100 children
- $1,000 will provide a half year of Jumpstart programs for a one child
- $2,000 will provide one school year of Jumpstart programs to one child