Laura's March: a 5K Walk/Run to End Sexual Violence
The 9th annual Laura's March will be held on Saturday, September 12th at Oakledge Park.
To register for Laura's March or to make a donation, click here.
We have selected three primary beneficiaries for Laura’s March 2015:
- H.O.P.E. Works in collaboration with Champlain College will establish Breakaway programs (interactive video games) in workshops in schools and other youth sites in Burlington and around Chittenden County to promote gender equality and violence prevention.
- Pride Center of Vermont will expand its outreach by providing legal clinic services through its LGBTQ Sexual Violence Social Justice Advocacy Project.
- The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program (SANE P) at the University of Vermont Medical Center will send 2 nurses to the annual conference of International Asso...ciation of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) to attend workshops that discuss trends, practices, and research that will augment their skills in ministering to sexual assault survivors.
The LKW Fund is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt foundation, founded after Laura was raped and murdered in Burlington on March 8, 2005, whose mission is to end sexual violence and help survivors. Since 2005, The LKW Fund has donated over $125,000 to local organizations/programs.
The LKW Fund also uses funds raised at Laura’s March to increase its present and future capacity to fund other Vermont programs which support our mission. For information on the LKW Fund, please visit www.lkwfund.org or contact us at email@example.com.
Laura's Art Room at King Street Center
The LKW Fund has embarked upon a bold new campaign and we need your help to make our dream a reality. We have pledged $40,000 to the King Street Center's new facility to name its new Art Room after Laura!
To learn more and make a donation to Laura's Art Room at King Street Center, click here.
The Laura Kate Winterbottom Memorial Fund is a Vermont non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and all donations are tax deductible.
Our Mission/What We Fund
Contributions made to the LKW Fund are directed towards our two primary purposes:
1. Programs to help survivors of sexual assault and domestic abuse, including affected children, get the services and assistance they need so that their suffering is alleviated and the cycle of violence is not perpetuated.
2. Scholarships and other resources to help disadvantaged children and/or children affected by sexual assault.
Donations to the LKW Fund
Donations to the LKW Fund can be made in two ways:
- A credit card donation through FirstGiving. (Click here).
- A cash or check contribution mailed to PO Box 65176, Burlington, VT 05401.
Other Kinds of Donations:
- A gift to honor or acknowledge a specific person or occasion, such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday. We would design a congratulatory card, announce a gift has been made and by whom, and send it to the party for whom it is intended. In accordance with your wishes, we would either include or exclude the amount given.
- An in-kind donation of goods or services to support Laura’s March or another Fund event.
- A matching gift made in conjunction with an employer’s matching gift program.
- A legacy in the form of a bequest of cash, securities, a charitable annuity or another form of a bequeathal of a specified item.
LKW Fund's Donations to the Vermont Community:
Since its inception in 2005, The LKW Fund has donated over $125,000 to Vermont-based non-profits and charities. These beneficiaries include:
- HOPE Works (formerly the Women's Rape Crisis Center)
- Women Helping Battered Women
- King Street Center
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program at UVM Medical Center (formerly Fletcher Allen Health Care)
- Kidsafe Collective
- Burlington City Arts
- Pride Center of Vermont
- Lund Family Center
- Sexual Assault Crisis Team
- Humane Society of Chittenden County's Camp Paw Paw
- Vermont Works for Women/Dirt Divas
- Girls on the Run
- The Caroline Fund
- Outreach for Earth Stewardship Raptor Camp
- Rosie’s Girls
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science
- Green Mountain Animal Defenders
- Save Our Strays
- Parellel Justice
Thank you for your support!