Laura's March: a 5K Walk/Run to End Sexual Violence
The 2013 Laura’s March will be September 14, 2013 at Oakledge Park in Burlington, VT. To learn more about Laura's March and register for the event, click here or the Green Button "Start Fundraising" above.
Laura's Art Room at King Street Center
The LKW Fund has embarked upon a bold new campaign and we need your help to make our dream a reality. We have pledged $40,000 to the King Street Center's new facility to name its new Art Room after Laura!
To learn more and make a donation to Laura's Art Room at King Street Center, click here.
The Laura Kate Winterbottom Memorial Fund is a Vermont non-profit
501(c)(3) corporation and all donations are tax deductible.
What We Fund
Contributions made to the LKW Fund are directed towards our two primary purposes:
1. Programs to help survivors of sexual assault and domestic abuse, including affected children, get the services and assistance they need so that their suffering is alleviated and the cycle of violence is not perpetuated.
2. Scholarships and other resources to help disadvantaged children and/or children affected by sexual assault.
Donations to the LKW Fund can be made in two ways:
- A credit card donation through FirstGiving. (Click here).
- A cash or check contribution, please mail to PO Box 65176, Burlington, VT 05401
Other Kinds of Donations:
- A gift to honor or acknowledge a specific person or occasion, such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday. We would design a congratulatory card, announce a gift has been made and by whom, and send it to the party for whom it is intended. In accordance with your wishes, we would either include or exclude the amount given.
- An in-kind donation of goods or services to support Laura’s March or another Fund event.
- A matching gift made in conjunction with an employer’s matching gift program.
- A legacy in the form of a bequest of cash, securities, a charitable annuity or another form of a bequeathal of a specified item.
LKW Fund's Donations to the Vermont Community:
Since its inception in 2005, The LKW Fund has donated over $90,000 to Vermont-based non-profits and charities. These beneficiaries include:
- HOPE Works (formerly the Women's Rape Crisis Center)
- Women Helping Battered Women
- King Street Center
- Burlington City Arts
- Humane Society of Chittenden County's Camp Paw Paw
- Dirt Divas
- Girls on the Run
- Outreach for Earth Stewardship Raptor Camp
- Rosie’s Girls
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science
- Green Mountain Animal Defenders
- Save Our Strays
Each spring, we have an event to raise money for children’s programs. In April 2013, we raised money for the Sara Holbrook Community Center's free 6-week Bob and Maggie Green Youth Adventure Program for middle and high school students.
Thank you for your support!!!