JOIN TEAM LUPUS LA IN THE:
ASICS LA Marathon
March 8-9, 2014
Team Lupus LA raises awareness and funding for:
- Local patient services, including nine support groups, emergency grants, and patient education conferences.
- Research done through our partner, the Lupus Research Institute, into better treatments, and, ultimately, a cure.
Lupus is a chronic auto-immune disease that has no cure. While lupus is widespread, awareness and accurate knowledge about it is lacking. Research shows that although 1.5 million people in the U.S. have lupus, nearly two-thirds of the public knows little or nothing about the disease. In fact, more Americans have lupus than AIDS, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, sickle-cell anemia and cystic fibrosis, making it one of this country's most prevalent medical problems. In Los Angeles County alone, there are over 60,000 people suffering from lupus. Nine out of ten lupus patients are women, many of whom were diagnosed between the ages 17-40.
To learn more about Lupus LA, watch this video!
WHY JOIN TEAM LUPUS LA?
- Fundraise for a cure
- Get your friends and family to run with you, or for you
- Train with a certified trainer
- Receive a goodie bag and a chance to win special prizes
- Spread awareness about lupus
Questions? Please contact Lupus LA at 310-657-5667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lupus LA is a 501(c)3 charity.
All donations to Team Lupus LA are 100% tax deductible.